(1) Civil service vacancies are posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates selected for these vacancies will be appointed on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service and will become civil servants on appointment.
(2) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(3) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(4) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail together with the application form to the Appointments Section, 8/F, Fire Services Headquarters Building, 1 Hong Chong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon. Candidates with non-local academic qualifications who apply on-line should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail, within one week after their submission of application to the above address, and the on-line application number should be quoted on the envelope and the copies of supporting documents. If candidates fail to provide the supporting documents as requested, their applications will not be considered.
(5) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(6) The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and it may be subject to changes.
(7) Candidates will be invited to attend the Preliminary Eyesight Test, Physical Fitness Test and Job-related Performance Test. They will normally receive an invitation in one to four weeks after their submission of applications. Invitation will be issued via email. Please ensure email address is properly provided. Those candidates who have passed the above tests will be invited to attend the Written Aptitude Test. Those who are not invited for the Written Aptitude Test may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. For enquiries, please telephone 2733 7673.
(8) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/trade test without being subject to further shortlisting. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau's website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.